Opti-Mist+ Adiabatic Pre-Cooling SystemDetails and specificationsDétails et spécifications techniques
Opti-Mist+® is a supplementary cooling system that considerably increases the capacity of air-cooled condensers, fluid coolers and CO2 gas coolers, especially in hot ambient conditions. It can be fitted as an option to any of these unit models.
The RefPlus adiabatic system uses a natural air-cooling process utilizing a series of headers with atomizing nozzles that generate a fog of ultra-fine evaporated water droplets, pre-cooling the entering air.
The system includes a water pump and a piping network with nozzles, as well as a Guardian+ RC-A controller. It is also equipped with a complete water treatment system, which completely eliminates scale deposits and sterilizes the water supply.
Moreover, RefPlus’s Opti-Mist+ adiabatic system substantially minimizes water consumption compared to conventional evaporative type systems. It also greatly reduces refrigerant charges by downsizing the required heat rejection surface area of air-cooled condensers, fluid coolers and CO2 gas coolers, thus lowering operating costs by as much as 20%. Lowered condensing temperatures on condensers, fluid coolers and CO2 gas coolers limits compressor power consumption, providing significant energy savings.
- Reduces operating costs by as much as 20%
- Increases capacity of heat exchanger
- Replaces cooling tower & evaporative cooler
- Reduces water consumption by up to 80%
- No air flow restriction – no pads required, which are subject to soiling and clogging, are costly to replace and require winter storage
- No additionnal maintenance required
- Smaller footprint for same capacity
- Reduces refrigerant charge
- 3-step filtration process that eliminates bacterial proliferation, including legionella
- Can be installed on most outdoor unit with hydrophobic coated fin